Just a quick post about a quick dish. This simple curry is just perfect for your mid-week dinner. Easy to prepare, on table in 15 minutes, you’ll manage to cook, eat and clean before your pizza boy would arrive. Sounds great and it really tastes so too. I’ve found the recipe in ‘Vietnamese and Cambodian’ cookbook and played it up to my taste.
– 1 sweet potato cut in cubes
– ginger, a piece roughly the length of your index finger, grated
– 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
– 3 tsp mince from lemon grass
– 3 tsp garam masala powder
– 2 tsp turmeric
– 400g chicken breasts cut into cubes
– 1-2 tsp fish sauce (nam pla)
– 2 tsp sesame oil
– 2 tsp red curry paste
– 400ml coconut milk
1. Boil potato cubes in lightly salted water till soft
2. Fry on sesame oil ginger, garlic and lemon grass for 2-3 min. In the meanwhile dust the chicken breasts with masala and turmeric.
3. Add the chicken to the pan, fry for a while, add fish sauce
4. Once the chicken is turning golden add the coconut milk, sweet potatoes and curry paste. Decrease the gas and let it simmer for 3-5 min.