A new post and…. back to Asian flavours again What a surprise Today I’d like to present you a delicious Thai style batat and peanut soup. We’ve enjoyed it really much. I’ve found the recipe in an online issue of Men’s health magazine and changed it a bit. You can see the original version here. Bon Appetit!
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- finger-long piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 big batats (0,8-1kg), cubed
- 1 tbsp curry (I gave Madras blend)
- 1 tbsp red curry paste (be careful if you don’t like spicy food)
- 0,7-1l water or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- juice from 2 limes
- coconut milk – I stirred in 400ml, can be more depending how dense you want the soup to be
- sesame oil
- coriander and peanuts to garnish
1. Fry garlic and ginger in a drop of oil till golden. Add batat cubes, curry and curry paste and saute for several minutes. Stir in water, bring to the boil, decrease the heat and simmer till batats will soften.
2. Add fish sauce, peanut butter and lime juice. Cook for 2-3 min more. Take of the heat and blend it. Return to the heat and add coconut milk till the soup will reach the consistency you like. Simmer still for 2-3 min. When serving drizzle with sesame oil and garnish with coriander and peanuts.